Pre and Post Care
The following tips are recommended before a Hydrodermabrasion Treatment:
- Discontinue use of Isotretinoin for six months
- Discontinue use of topical prescriptive medications for 48 hours
- Refrain from exfoliating treatments, such as glycolic and enzymes, to the area for 48 hours.
- Refrain from any medium/deep chemical resurfacing and laser treatments for 1 month.
- Refrain from waxing and using depilatories for 48 hours.
- For men, shaving is not recommended on treatment day; but if you must, shave at least 3 to 4 hours prior to treatment.
- Avoid sunbathing, ortanning creams and sprays, for at least 72 hours.
The following tips are recommended after a HydroFacial Treatment:
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure or sunbathing for at least 2 weeks. Those who cannot avoid sun exposure should use abroad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher to maintain improved skin.
- Avoid heat (hot showers, sauna, and intense cardio) for 24 hours.
- If you don’t need to wear make-up for the evening of your treatment, wait until the next morning.
- Injections can be resumed in 24 hours.
- Waxing and depilatories can be resumed in 48 hours
- Topical prescriptive medications can be resumed in 48 hours
- Over-the-counter acne medications may be resumed in 48 hours